Monday, April 1, 2024

New Month - New Start

      It's Monday and the first day of a new month and start of the 2nd quarter of the year. So far this year I have finished 3 of my UFOs including the major “Celtic Fantasy” for my son. I started 2 new projects ( “Stars Like Spaghetti” and Tropical Log Cabins) and have the tops complete so I feel good about my first yearly goal and progress on my UFOs.   I have finished /quilted 7 comfort quilts, pieced a few more comfort tops and made 3 placemats for Meals on Wheels. A few other small projects have been finished. I hope I can keep up the rate for finishing.

     Saturday I quilted this comfort quilt top for church which Eunice pieced.


I quilted the FM swirl hook.

The binding is ready for someone else to sew on.

     My second yearly goal is to reduce my fabric stash. So far I have reduced stash by about 1/3 of my decrease in 2023 but not quite ¼ of my decrease in 2022. I would like to use or give away more fabric.

Stash Report for 2024 

this past week-  Used: 1 yds Added: 0 yds
So far this year- Used: 42.11 yds Added: 18.125 yds
Net decrease 23.985 yds

     My third yearly goal is to control and use scrap fabric. This is where I have made the least progress and need to make a new plan. Maybe I can set a timer for 15 minutes each day and deal with scraps. I'll see if I can.

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.”      Walt Whitman


No comments:

Post a Comment