Monday, March 25, 2024

Busy Week of Sewing

      Last week was busy and yet I feel great about all that I got done. I was able to work in my yard 2 days before rain came. Here is my first bearded iris bloom of the season.


I wore a mask since pollen was so bad. The air is more clean after the rain which left big yellow patches on the ground where the pollen collected in puddles.

     In my sewing room I worked on numerous projects. I cut a kit for a comfort quilt which someone else will sew, pieced 3 comfort quilt backs, and quilted one comfort quilt. This is the first time I have used the FM swirl hook motif.


With this link you can learn how Angela Walters quilts this motif. I plan to work with that motif more to get comfortable stitching it. Here it is quilted before binding.

I used the Jellyroll Twist free pattern from Fat Quarter Shop except I used charm squares instead of a neutral fabric. 
Joan has it to add the binding.

     Tuesday a guild meeting our guest with a trunk show was Annette Ornales of Southwind Designs. I got this cute mug rug pattern which she designed and made it easily in the afternoon after her visit. 


     Late in the week I pulled personal quilt tops to work on. I sandwiched 2 that had backings ready. Saturday I started quilting on my 2023 March Block a Day quilt (from Pat Sloan) and should be able to finish this week. It feels great to get projects moving along.

Stash Report for 2024 

  this past week-   Used: 3.91 yds Added: 4 yds
So far this year- Used: 41.11 yds Added: 18.125 yds
Net decrease 22.985 yds

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

The only mistake is the one from which you don't learn.” - Henry Ford


No comments:

Post a Comment