Monday, August 28, 2023

Busy Sewing Room and Weekly Goals

      About the only thing I did outside in the garden was water.  Sunday we finally had a shower.  Not enough but it helps.  I am expecting house guests and spent extra time cleaning.  I had fun in my sewing room last week. Even though I did not accomplish all the goals I had, I feel like I got a lot done. 

This is how I did on last week's quilting goals: 
1. Finish quilting the charity quilt. - Done. Another member of my 
        church quilt group enjoys sewing bindings on so I don't need to.

2. Add quilting to “Celtic Fantasy” - Not Done. 
    Instead, I cut squares for a pieced border on my March Block a 
     Day quilt top and got the 2 side borders sewn on.

      I also started working on a special quilt for the Modern Quilt Guild's QuiltCon 2024 fabric challenge. I received a fat eight bundle of fabric by Windham and bought another 2 yards of the white/aqua to use as my background. Only these fabrics can be used on the front of the quilt. It is total improvisation and only units are pieced so far. 

      A friend who loves gnomes celebrated her 80th birthday Sunday. These are the cute designs I appliqued onto kitchen towels for her. You can find the free designs here

    

Stash Report for 2023

this past week- Used: 4 yds     Added: 0 yds
So far this year- Used: 70.21 yds Added: 40 yds
             Net decrease 30.21 yds

Goals for this week:

    1. Finish borders on the March Block a Day top.
    2. Create more units for the fabric challenge quilt
    3. Work on another UFO.

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment