Monday, October 24, 2022

Is It Monday Already?

     Last week sure flew by. I stayed busy with some yardwork and errands but did manage to get in some sewing time.

     I made progress on Celtic Fantasy applique motifs and then started checking which fabric was going where and did I have enough. I scanned some fabric into EQ so I could get a better idea. Since the Dragon Con fabric is one-way and only one yard, I need to change where it will go. I'm still planning.

     I pieced the last column of flying geese for a project but didn't go on to the next step. I used scraps to piece one more fall mug rug and mailed it to a friend. Then I worked on piecing scrappy kaleidoscope blocks for a comfort quilt. I have all the dark blocks finished and the light blocks just need the corner triangles. This week I hope to get those sewn on.

     One errand took me to my local Hobby Lobby where my goal to reduce stash took a hit. They are reducing the size of the fabric department and some beautiful fabric was reduced for sale. I could not resist and bought 12 yards. The great thing was it only cost $42. The prettiest piece of blue was $4 a yard and the rest was $3.

They are making lots of changes in the store and I'm disappointed that they will no longer be carrying cotton quilting thread.

    Stash fabric used or added:

    this past week- Used: 0.5 yd Added: 12 yds
    So far this year- Used: 129.125 yds Added: 53.75 yd
    Net decrease 75.375 yds

     I had hoped to get some quilting done on a comfort quilt; however, instead I pieced a sample NICU quilt, cut a few NICU kits and planned some simple quilts to give our group some easy ideas for more.


Goals for this week:

  1. Finish kaleidoscope blocks

  2. Visit with family


Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1 comment:

  1. At that price, I definitely would have stocked up on fabric. I am really looking forward to seeing updates on your Celtic Fantasy project.

    ReplyDelete