Friday, December 17, 2021

Small finishes and Almost

     This week flew by after all the fun last week with granddaughters and family. It has been a tradition for many years for each granddaughter to decorate a fabric square for each Christmas. A few years ago I decided to use them to make Christmas placemats. While with them last week, I let them help design a placemat and also decorate their annual squares. Here are 3 that are almost finished. The edge is finished pillowcase style so no binding. They are quilted in the ditch; however, I plan to add some free-motion quilting.

     I pulled out the box of leftover fabric from last year's “Dancing Garland” wall-hanging and started making one for myself. The center is pieced and I plan to use the red fabric for a border instead of piecing it like the pattern. It doesn't matter if it is finished by Christmas. I will hang it next Christmas.

Monday I will share more about my visit with granddaughters and what we did.

I'm linking up with Alycia for Finished (or Not) Friday.

Hope you are enjoying this special season.

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


2 comments:

  1. What a great project to do with your grand kids! They will be holiday keepsakes too. There's nothing more satisfying than a no stress Christmas project that you know will be done before the next holiday season starts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that project with your grandkids - what a fun memory each year!
    nad the tree is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete