Monday, December 20, 2021

Holiday Project Update

      I hope you are enjoying this holiday season. I am. My only goal is to enjoy the season.   I spent the week of December 6th in Georgia with GDs and family. It was very special because I got to spend time with both sons and GDs.  One fun event was to supervise the girls decorating their annual gingerbread houses. Here are the recent masterpieces.

           back of Mattie's  gh                       front of Mattie's gh
Lily's gh

   They decorated their annual fabric squares and helped plan the layout for a placemat.  Here are the newest ones finished.



 Sometimes they don't want to use squares from when they were very young. The Christmas tree was drawn when GD Mattie was almost 5.

Lily also finished sewing the Roly Poly Santa.  He was a printed panel and went together easily for her.


    When I had a chance I worked on my new “Dancing Garland” wall-hanging.  I gifted the one I made last year.  You can see it and  find the link for the free pattern in this postThis past week back at home, placemats were finished, 4 batches of Rum cakes were baked and the “Dancing Garland” top was finished. I used a simple border instead of the pieced one like the pattern.

     This week I am back in Georgia for a couple more days with GDs while they are out of school for the holiday. We plan to do some baking and maybe I can interest them in another project. We will see. No goals set except to enjoy this time.

    Stash fabric used or added the past week-

                     Used: 3.25 yds Added: 2.75 yds (1 jelly roll)

   So far this year- Used: 112 yds Added: 47.25 yds


Hope you are enjoying this special season.

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


1 comment: