Friday, June 26, 2020

In My Sewing Room


     I have numerous quilt tops waiting to be quilted and have added to the pile this week. I wanted to reduce my stash of strings so pulled the green and teal strings focusing on tone on tone prints. I cut them into 9 1/2” strips then started to randomly piece groups. After I had a pile of units I made a plan and decided to make them 12 1/2” long so they could be trimmed to 8 1/2” by 12 1/2” brick type units. 
I aimed to piece 20 and actually pieced 21 (miscounted) by only adding 3 strips to my original pile cut. That was lucky.
From my stash I found enough of a similar fabric to piece 2 1/2” strips to the long sides so that the blocks would finish at 12 1/2” square. This quilt top came together so quickly and easily that I plan to use another color set of strings to piece another. Here is the pieced top which measures 54" by 66".


      I also laid out my Hope blocks from GE Designs 2nd Quarantine Quilt Along.

Blocks are now stacked by rows and pinned for stitching together. That is the plan for today.

With Covid-19 cases on the rise here and around the country, I hope you stay safe and healthy while doing something you enjoy like sewing or quilting.

I'm linking up with Finished or Not Friday.  Check it out and get inspired.  


5 comments:

  1. Oh My gosh!! I LOVE BOTH OF THESE!!! That first one is my kinda quilt - uses up all the pretty stuff and makes quite a stunner. But the B&W with those pops of color - oh love!!! You had a great week!! you stay safe too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE both of these scrappy projects!! Nice work on making use of those fabric strips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm usually always doing something I enjoy and right now I'm enjoying your photos of your lovely quilt tops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both great quilts! The rectangle string one looked like one I could do. If I have enough of a sashing/border fabric! It really is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get job putting scraps together for a beautiful, original quilt! And that Hope quilt in rainbow!!! WOW!!! That looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete