Monday, March 23, 2020

H2H Challenge and Quarantine Quilt Along


   During this strange time of social distancing we are meeting some of our needs by gathering remotely.  Gudrun Erla of GE Designs provided her pattern "Elvira" free for the Quarantine Along on Sunday. I followed along and am excited that by the end of the sew along I had a pieced quilt top 49 by 63” which is a great comfort quilt size. I will definitely use the pattern again. 

I have enough of the large dark print that I can add a border but for now can't decide.  The pattern does not call for a border. 

    This week is sign up time for Hands2help Challenge hosted by Confessions of a Fabric Addict. There are six charities this year on the list. Hope you will check them out and sign up.  


     I am making progress on my 'Seeing Stars " quilt.  I sorted all my units for 12 panels so that no unit is repeated in a panel.

Here are 4 of the panels pieced together. 

I have now sewn 6 so have 6 more to go for a twin size quilt. 

     My old vanity license plate was pretty faded so just for fun I decided to paint my own. I cleaned an old plate and spray painted the background. I used model paint to fill in lettering. I love my new vanity plate.




2 comments:

  1. Your project turned out great! Love that new plate too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Elvira is very colorful!!! Cute job on the vanity plate!

    ReplyDelete