Friday, March 20, 2020

Quilting During Social Distancing


It is a good thing that I have a hobby that I love during this time when we need to practice social distancing.  I normally spend a lot of time sewing or quilting; however, I have spent even more time and this week quilting on multiple projects. I made good progress on my Day Bee Mystery UFO but I am definitely not rushing. All the light area of the center is quilted.  

Here is a close-up.

I was ready to change to a darker thread and did not have the thread I wanted to use.  I am also finding it more difficult (less pleasurable) to work on large quilts so instead I started quilting a comfort quilt. This Garlic Knot kid's quilt got quilted and ready for binding.


Also, this Hugs & Kisses kid's quilt is quilted and ready for binding.


     When I needed a break from quilting, I worked on piecing for my Seeing Stars Quilt Along 


and my Jewel Box Stars which has been my leader / ender project.  I also took an hour to work a little in the yard.  There is much more to do to clean flower beds.  Before my knee replacement in November, I loved to get down on my knees to pull weeds.  Now I need a new position for comfort.

Hope you stay healthy and enjoy the weekend.

1 comment: