Friday, March 13, 2020

Almost a Finish and a Finish


     I have almost finished quilting this “Hugs and Kisses” comfort quilt. The border is yet to be quilted. I am contemplating a special motif and would prefer to do the work at home on my regular machine. Since I am out of town and using a different machine, I simply quilted a large meander for the middle.


     This month I pieced the Step 7 final blocks for the Seeing Stars Sew Along. I found myself short of the background fabric I have been using. I could not cut 3 1/2” squares of background for 4 patches. I decided to make an alternate 6” block. When I made the 12” star blocks for step 6, I saved the corners and sewed bonus HSTs. I squared them to 2 1/2” and was able to piece enough “Friendship Stars” for alternate blocks. 

 Looking forward to assembling panels in April.


     GD Lily is ready for Easter in her finished dress. I am so glad I did the crazy piecing for the bodice and will do it again sometime.

Hope you stay healthy and have a great weekend. Enjoy some time sewing and quilting.
I have linked up with Finish or Not Friday.  Check out the fun and inspiration. 

2 comments:

  1. your seeing stars blocks are very pretty! But your granddaughter steals the show - what a cutie - and her dress! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that blue and cream project coming together, and what a neat way to use crazy quilting in your GD's Easter dress!

    ReplyDelete