Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Watercolor Block Play and Finishes


   Several years ago a church quilt friend passed and our group was given 4 yards of fusible grid interfacing that can be used for watercolor quilts.  I offered to demo the method for others.  I precut interfacing blocks and made up kits for the others to make a block or 2.  A few in the group did a block a few years ago.  Here is the quilt from 2016.


Today we were reminded of the importance of value as we laid out the blocks. 

    

        

Hope someone will be interested in doing more since we still have several yards of the fusible grid interfacing.

    A friend asked me to make a Quilt of Valor for his best friend who served during the Vietnam War.  It is finished. 

I hope it will be presented to him soon, but I don’t know when.
    When I made the border blocks, I also made two sets so another QOV can have the same border.

    In my efforts to finish up projects, I made 2 more placemats to go with 2 made a couple of years ago.  Now the 4 will make a nice gift along with a blue wrapped coil basket.

  
With our very warm weather now is a great time to stay inside and sew.  Hope you get to enjoy some time sewing or quilting.

I have linked up with Alycia for Finished or Not Friday and 
Sarah for Whoop Whoop Friday.  Check out the fun projects  others are working on. 

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Your group watercolor is a beauty.....and the story that goes with it. So glad you are passing on the technique. Your QOV is great. And I really like the placemats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The border on your QOV quilt is fabulous. The placemats and bowl will be a delightful gift for whoever receives them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy I really like that QOV border! nice job.. and the watercolor -what a fun way to learn about color value!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely the group Watercolour quilt is. You must have beautiful memories of your friend as you stitch. The QOV quilt is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete