Monday, July 8, 2019

Variety of Small Projects


      Last week I worked on a wide variety of projects, not all quilting.  I did take time to make 2 mug rugs and put them in the mail with birthday wishes. 


I went through a box of paper-pieced sample blocks.  I pulled out 2, quilted them and made them into pockets on purchased tote bags. 
                    


      In cleaning out and sorting fabric scraps I found a bag of bonus half square triangle blocks. I spent time pressing and decided to use some of them for Bonnie Hunter’s newest leader/ender challenge.
                            You can find out about it here.  
The worst part or least enjoyable was trimming the small HSTs down to 1 ½ inches.  My shoo fly blocks will finish at 4 inches.  I have several block sets ready for sewing but have many more HST units that need trimming.


     My church requested donations of baby items so Joan and I gathered suitable fabric and I made 3 receiving blankets,
5 burp cloths from cloth diapers,
and 2 double layer fleece blankets.


    Saturday a friend and I walked a new section of the local riverwalk park.  A talented person used several fallen trees for chainsaw sculptures. 
        

  They are so fitting for the setting.

Hope you get out and enjoy nature or stay cool inside with some time sewing or quilting.    

1 comment:

  1. Great projects. Like your inventiveness with the found HSTs. The four inch size is way to small for me. I need to size it all up. Love all the baby sewing for donations....so pretty.

    ReplyDelete