Saturday, July 20, 2019

Excited to be Almost Finished

* update  -totally finished
There are 63 swirl blocks that I started in 2007 so this is a long time UFO.  I started out trying to quilt the floral pattern and did a good job.  Here is a close-up of the quilting on one swirl block.

Then I got tired and frustrated with trying to figure out how to move around in the block (about 30 different ways) to end up where I wanted in order to move to the next without breaking thread so did not do a pleasing job.  I am excited that it is trimmed and ready for binding.

    When I had to take a break from quilting, I pulled out a few more UFOs to work on. About 2012 I took a workshop from Deb Karasik and only paper-pieced one wedge.  Now I at least have 4 done.
 

I chose a different color palette but hope one day it will get finished.  Her pattern is called “Inner Light”.  



    I don’t need another project to work on but adopted a UFO from a guild member.  This week I also pieced 4 quarter units and cut more units and made some progress on this project.  


Both of these are tedious paper-piecing projects so I can only do a little at a time before I need a change.

Hope you enjoy some time sewing or quilting.   

3 comments:

  1. Your 4 patch swirl looks great. The thing to remember on quilts that are busy prints.....no one ever notices the quilting. Don't stress yourself over it. Keep it simple and move on.
    Wow you have tough pp to work on. Short time limits is the only way to get thru these:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have quilts where finished is better than perfect. Those are quite the enthusiastic PP projects!

    ReplyDelete