Saturday, May 4, 2019

Hands2Help and More


     My church group and I have been busy and have several quilts finished to support H2H.  We finished this split nine patch full size bed quilt for a Wilmington hurricane victim. (I've shown them before on my blog, but are here again finished all together.)



It was taken to a drop off point the end of April along with this twin size quilt made using Sarah’s pattern “Sunshine on a Cloudy Day”.

 This scrappy flannel baby quilt has gone in the mail to Jack’s Basket.

 It feels good to use my quilting skills and be a part of this sharing. Thanks to Sarah of Confessions of a Fabric Addict for leading the drive and to all the other participants and sponsors.  

    My sister Irene hinted strongly that she wanted some spring mug rugs.  I got inspired and pulled out scraps and butterfly fabric.  

I used scraps to create the green and blue background areas.  I ironed fusible web to the butterfly fabric.  The 3 D butterflies are 2 matching butterflies fused wrong sides together. I enjoy giving mug rugs as small gifts and with “thinking of you” notes.

     One more quilt almost finished this week ( just needs binding) is this 16 patch star quilt. I like the asymmetry of the layout.  I hope to find a dark blue for binding in the stash at church.

      Enjoy time sewing or quilting if you are not out enjoying spring.

5 comments:

  1. Lots of great scrappiness going on here! Love the star quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your H2H quilts are wonderful and will help bring smiles and comfort to those who need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice~! Love that split 9 patch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't those 3-D Butterfly quilts fun?! I designed several about 10 years ago or so. They were SEW popular with my friend and family members! All of your quilts turned out beautifully. Recipients will surely be pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great textures and designs - wonderful finishes for H2H, and the butterfly pieces are good fun.

    ReplyDelete