Friday, May 24, 2019

Progress for the Week

      I spent half of Monday on the road after visiting family.  Tuesday morning was guild meeting but I did get some quilting done in the afternoon.  Wednesday was church quilt group.  I sandwiched this quilt top and will plan a special quilting motif for the large plain blocks. 


A backing has been chosen for another comfort quilt top. This is a Pat Sloan free pattern called "Oh My Stars".  I used my stash of 6 1/2" squares instead of the 5" squares her pattern calls for but I like the pattern. 


Thursday I finished quilting this scrappy leafy log quilt. 

 It still needs a binding that will wait a few days.  Here is a close up of my free-motion quilting. 

   
      I plan to spend the next few days making some summer dresses for granddaughters before I tackle the quilting on a large bed quilt that is sandwiched and waiting.

Hope you enjoy some time sewing or quilting.

Linking up for Whoop Whoop Friday from Confessions of a Fabric Addict and Finished (or Not) Friday from Busy Hands Quilts.
Check out what beauties others have shared. 

2 comments:

  1. Lots of colorful activity in your studio. Lov ethe bright yellow stars against the dark background. The FMQ with the leaf motif is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness - you have a lot of great projects! The first one - love the pinks - they just make everything look so great!

    ReplyDelete