Friday, May 10, 2019

Color Value Mistake


      I have not accomplished much in the sewing room this week except be reminded again how important color value can be.   I pulled out a small project to work on, since I have not been able to decide how to custom quilt a long time UFO.  I pieced alternate blocks to go with some adopted green and pink star blocks.  When I put them together on the design wall.  Wow! How awful!  The alternate blocks were way too dark. 

Instead of piecing more blocks, I searched the stash at church and home to find a lighter fabric to use as a whole block.  Here is what I settled on.  It looks entirely different.  At least the plain blocks will give a place for some special quilting.
Looking at the photo I also see a couple of blocks I would like to swap places.


Hope you enjoy some time sewing or quilting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment