Friday, September 7, 2018

Week of Progress


   I have been busy sewing and quilting this week.  I finished quilting another Carolina Chain comfort quilt. 
I tried a new motif in the border inspired by a floral motif I saw Lori Kennedy teach on a “Sewing with Nancy” episode which you can still watch on YouTube or Nancy's website.

FMQ motif  


     All the Split 9 Patch (v blocks) are made and ready to sew into a top.   Then I pulled out another UFO from my list, finished the blocks and designed a setting. Happy with the progress.

  
I pulled fall fabrics and made a bun basket. 



I followed Sew Very Easy YouTube video.  It stores flat, is washable and easy to make.

  
     Before I could work on another UFO, I decided to clean off my craft table.  
After 2 afternoons of ironing and cutting, I have piles of usable scrap units.  
            


We are having cooler mornings like fall; however, the afternoons continue to be hot and dry like summer.  Hurry up, Fall.
Hope you enjoy time sewing or quilting.
I'm linking up with Whoop Whoop Friday. 

4 comments:

  1. Love your Carolina Chain. Great quilting! Lori Kennedy does such a great job with her tutorials. Do you follow her website too? Lots of good ideas there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This always grabs my eye...so love this pattern. Great motif for the quilting....turned out very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just sent a couple of afternoons doing the same thing. Doesn't it feel good to see the result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun you appear to be having in your sewing room!! Scraps at the ready for a new project. LOVE that Carolina Chain (along with the quilting motif you tried!)

    ReplyDelete