Thursday, August 30, 2018

Note pads, Mug rugs, and Scrap Blocks


      For the past week I have had family on my mind and wondering whether I would be needed out of town.  Instead of starting the quilting on a project, I chose to work on small projects for the quick feeling of accomplishment. 
      My sister Irene shared her directions for making a quilted note pad holder.  I made 3 for my guild silent auction in September. I think they would make a nice small gift and hope to find time to make more. 
 


  

    I enjoy sending mug rugs when someone needs a “Thinking of you”.  I made 3 mug rugs. 



     Next I wanted something easy to sew on so pulled together a kit of Perkiomen Valley blocks which are fairly simple 9 patch blocks. 

I made several 12 ½” blocks for Carole of “From My Carolina Home” blog when she was collecting blocks to make quilts for California fire victims. The Ventura Modern Quilt Guild is NO longer accepting blocks.  
    I liked the block and my scrap system is perfectly suited for them.  I pulled light and dark squares from the 4 ½” box.  I also pulled light and dark 5” squares from another box which are great for 4” finished HSTs.  I have 20 blocks sewn but not yet pressed.  This is my plan for a 48” by 60” lap quilt unless I decide to add a border or more. 


It is starting to feel a little like fall some mornings.  Hope you enjoy time sewing or quilting.

2 comments:

  1. Great projects! Love the notepad cover and the mug rugs and so nice. The split 9 patch is always a good block and I love the setting you have picked. I like that you are not using those tiny pieces either:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your projects! It is nice to work on quick items once in a while and get them done!

    ReplyDelete