Friday, August 3, 2018

Summer Stall


     The past 2 weeks I have been focused on family events and have lost enthusiasm for quilting projects.  I have done a lot of dress sewing to reduce my clothing fabric stash.  I also guided older GD to finish 2 more mug rugs for gifts. 
 

     I also assisted my sister Irene work her doll group booth at a guild quilt show. 


    The main thing I have been working on is lessons for embellishing a crazy quilt block. I signed up for Kathy’s free online class.  Check it out here.
This is my block so far. There will be bead work and silk ribbon added as well as some lace and charms.

I have learned a lot about using various stitches together to create interesting and beautiful motifs.

Hope I get more accomplished in August.
With summer storms we can stay inside and enjoy some time sewing or quilting.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of new adventures for you. Love the crazy quilt start. So far it's beautiful. As with anything you do I know it will be fabulous. Your GD will cherish these memories of quilting with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you continue to pass on your skill and knowledge to GD. Crazy quilting was my first love....your stitching is beautiful. I will enjoy watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete