Friday, August 17, 2018

Only Lacking Binding and a Finish


      I got back busy quilting this week even though I took 2 mornings to clean flower beds.  I finished quilting and trimmed my scrappy anvil quilt. 

Today I will start on the binding. 
Here are some close ups of the free-motion quilting. 

I had a difficult time deciding on how to quilt it.  This is okay.  At least the quilting is finished and looks interesting.

    I added the finishing touches to my small crazy quilt. 
The lace on the border was knitted by my great-grandmother Asenath West Lancaster who died in 1932 at 89. The lace had been on a pillowcase.  It fit the border perfectly without me cutting it.  I have another piece just like it for another special project.   
  
     I have 2 small comfort quilts sandwiched and ready for quilting which I hope to work on this weekend along with dealing with half bushel of pears that I picked this morning.
  
I'm linked up with Can I Get A Whoop? at Confession of a Fabric Addict.  Check out the neat finishes and progress.

Stay cool and enjoy time sewing or quilting.


5 comments:

  1. Wow, you have accomplished a lot. Love the bright anvil quilt and the quilting looks wonderful. But the crazy patch work......over the top! Such a priceless piece with your great grand's lacework. It was just meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your anvil quilt especially the quilting. The feathers around the outer edge are devine! I am envious of them as I have so had it on my to learn list. Your quilt is also lovely and bright. And the crazy little one is so amazing with all the stitches.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have the piece of lace knitted by your great grandmother. You made the perfect little quilt to display it. The quilting you did on your Anvil quilt is beautiful. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of your finishes. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great scrappy variety on your 'anvil' quilt, very colourful! And the little crazy piece is delightful.

    ReplyDelete