Thursday, May 24, 2018

UFO Finished - Lemoyne Star


        In the summer of 2013 I purchased a giant diamond ruler and started playing.  I had been given some bandana seconds. I was able to stack 8 and pin match “stack ‘n whack” style
 
to cut diamond shapes for Lemoyne stars.  Then they sat.


       In 2014 Nancy Zieman on her show “Sewing with Nancy” showed creative design options for a quick lone star.  That inspired me to get back to work with my bandana stars for my own version. I finally finished piecing the top in October 2017 and FINALLY it is quilted and finished. 


      I did mostly free-motion with a variety of design motifs and 3 colors of thread.  I am not 100% happy with the quilting, but I’m happy it is finished.  It may become a Quilt of Valor but not yet.


Hope you enjoy time sewing or quilting if you are not out enjoying the weather and family.
I'm linking up with Can I Get a Whoop and My Quilt Infatuation-NTT

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks great in the photo! Never would have thought to use those bandannas for a stack and whack....very clever. Always interesting to see how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love that you used the bandanas though would never have guessed if you hadn't shared the first photo.

    ReplyDelete