Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Doll Backpacks and Some Quilting


       My granddaughters love to play that their 18” dolls are going to school.  They have been using plastic grocery bags to carry their school supplies. I have a cute pattern for Zoo Animal Backpacks from PixieFaire.  This morning I decided to make 2 doll backpacks. I used fabric and zippers from my stash so only bought some 15 mm eyes. 
       First I made the penguin. 
He is not perfect but very cute. 
My second try was better. I made the monkey and made sure to line up the front and back better. 


It is not a beginner pattern but the directions are good.  You do have to sew 2 zippers in each.
Aren’t they cute?  Now I am looking for some little books to fit in them. 

    
      I am almost finished quilting a lap quilt for my guild challenge to use a large print fabric. I only used the large print for the center of this big block quilt.  (Pattern is from Kitchen Table Quilting except I added top and bottom border to make a rectangle. )
In the setting triangles I decided to try a combination of new quilting motifs.  The rose (which is in the large print) is a design by Lori Kennedy. Here is a link to her tutorial.  
 The leafy motif I just made up to mimic some leaves in the center fabric.   Three corners are quilted.


 I only do one corner a day so one more day of quilting.

Enjoy time sewing or quilting when you are not out enjoying the spring weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment