Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Working on This and That

       Instead of focusing on one project, I am rambling between several piecing projects.  I finally made the 12th dog but halted because I did not like it.  It is growing on me.  Today I appliqued 12 bones.  Next I plan to machine embroider dog sayings. I hope to get this quilt together by July. 
   

     
      I have had 2 leader/ender projects but just wanted to sew so decided to work steady since I did not want to start something else. I pieced many parts for wonky stars. I enjoy the improvisation of the points.



      I also finished piecing enough ”Circle Back” blocks for an adult lap quilt.  These may look familiar.  Last spring I made a quilt just like this for a gift.  I had enough of the same fabric and jelly roll strips to make another.  This one will probably be a gift also.  The blocks are easy and there is not much seam matching.  The pattern is from Cozy Quilt Designs.  You can see more about it here on this YouTube video.
     
Enjoy some time sewing or quilting. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I hope those dogs grow on you - they are way too cute! And the bones blocks will look great with them

    ReplyDelete