Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Working On

          A friend gave a sister 3 different doll beds including cradle and Barbie bedroom unit. At our Thanksgiving visit, she passed them to me for my granddaughters.  I took some measurements and quickly covered 2 mattresses and made 2 blankets and pillows.  I thought a darker color paint would show less dirt so decided to paint the Barbie unit.  
After            I did not paint inside the closet.        

     After painting the Barbie bedroom furniture, I worked with fleece.  I have lots of pieces.   My younger granddaughter asked for a gold hat and pink mittens.   The simple fleece hat was made using a free pattern from FleeceFun.com    I just couldn't leave it plain so added a flower shape. 

 The mittens and pompom hat were made using a free pattern from DIY-crush.comI am a little concerned about the mitten fit. The thumb and fingers look long but I will see when they get on.  I’m sure I can make them smaller if needed.  Another site recommended tracing the child’s hand to make a pattern.   

     I have started the quilting on the Blue, Yellow, and Green UFO.   So far I have done a lot of stitching-in-the-ditch to stabilize the quilt.  I spray basted and used safety pins, but I have still had to be careful using the walking foot working on the puffy wool batting.  I want to do free-motion quilting after I make a plan for each block and am considering feathers in the green setting triangles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment