Monday, September 18, 2023

Modern Quilt Finish

      I only had one goal for last week so besides making a few quick mug rugs for gifts, I spent the rest of my quilting time on my Quilt Con fabric challenge quilt.

This is how I did:

* Start quilting my Quilt Con fabric challenge quilt. Done and Finished
This was my priority. I was excited to receive a the fat quarter bundle of Windham Artisan Cotton for the Fabric Challenge. I bought yardage of the White-Aqua for the background. The improvisational piecing of this quilt was inspired by the Slice and Insert technique of Jacquie Gering and the quilts of Irene Roderick. After piecing a collection of units, my sister Irene encouraged me to make connections between the units and "Twisted Transistor" was created. It is machine quilted with a walking foot on my home machine.  The deadline for entry is not until October 31, however, I did not want to be working on it at the last minute. This is my first time submitting an entry. Now I wait until December to hear if they accept it to hang in the show. 
Here is “Twisted Transistor”.

Stash Report for 2023

this past week- Used: 3yds Added: 0 yds
So far this year- Used: 77.21 yds Added: 40 yds
             Net decrease 38.21 yds

Sunday I started working on this week's goals.

Goals for this week:
1. Quilt more on “Celtic Fantasy”.     
I expect the quilting to take a while.  I am echoing the Celtic motifs and have to pause the quilting, jump over so as not to stitch across them and then go back to clip all the jump threads.  

2. Make progress on a UFO- I chose to quilt the “Fall Memories” wall-hanging
3. Work on fall theme mug rugs for homebound.

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment