Monday, June 19, 2023

Weekly Progress and Goals

      A lot of sewing and quilting was accomplished here last week even though I didn't make progress on both quilting goals. I also managed to work several mornings in my yard and garden before it got too hot.

How I did on last week's goals:

1. Start quilting “Celtic Fantasy” Done

All the stitch-in-the-ditch quilting between units is done, and I echoed the outside of the center Celtic cross.

2. Sandwich “Peony Stars in Summer Winds” Not Done

however, I accomplished a lot on several other projects.
When I searched my stash for a backing, I did not find one I wanted so I worked on piecing a charity/comfort quilt. The top is finished and I love it.  Simple and easy.

Saturday afternoon I made another search of my stash for possible backings and found a perfect one. The piece of green had been saved in a group of fabrics for a possible quilt that might never be made so it was good to find the perfect use. Now “Peony Stars +” is ready to be sandwiched.

Stash Report for 2023

        this past week- Used: 5.75 yds Added: 0 yds
    So far this year- Used: 53.21 yds Added: 37 yds
            Net decrease 16.21 yds

Goals for this week:

1. Do more quilting on “Celtic Fantasy”
2. Sandwich “Peony Stars in Summer Winds”
3. Piece blocks for charity quilt border.

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

When Life gives you scraps, make quilts. “

No comments:

Post a Comment