Monday, June 12, 2023

Weekly Progress and Goals

     It is vegetable garden time here so some of my time needs to be spent in the garden but then I can relax in the afternoon and sew or quilt. I am pleased with progress on my UFOs and goals. It helps me focus when I have specific projects I want to tackle.

How I did on last week's goals:

1. Sandwich “Celtic Fantasy” Done.

I pulled the thread I want to use to start quilting but decided to work on a different project before I start the big job of quilting this. 

2. Make progress on piecing alternate blocks for UFO Done.

I finished piecing all the blocks, sewed the center together and Sunday afternoon added the borders for a finished top. This project started when I adopted someone's UFO at guild. It had a couple of pieced circular stars and parts with fabric cut for borders.
This is how the original pattern was supposed to finish.
I came up with a different design for a larger quilt using the same fabric; however, I did buy the green setting fabric. I put together the name of the original pattern and the alternate block for the name of this finished quilt top. “Peony Stars in Summer Winds”

3. Make progress on piecing a charity/ comfort quilt. Done.

I'm using Pat Sloan's free pattern named "Traffic Jam".  I  have  pieced all the blocks and cut the sashing plus making the quilt a row longer. 

I still need to piece blocks for the border.

Stash Report for 2023

this past week- Used: 0 yds Added: 0 yds
So far this year- Used: 47.46 yds Added: 37 yds 
Net decrease 10.46 yds

Goals for this week:

1. Start quilting “Celtic Fantasy”

2. Sandwich “Peony Stars in Summer Winds”

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

When Life gives you scraps, make quilts. “


1 comment: