Friday, September 4, 2020

Using a Stripe Fabric

     I love stripes and have a collection that I have bought over the years. This week I used one in a new way. I planned to set my Easy Breezy blocks on point and already had most of them stitched with sashing when I saw a quilt top by Wanda of ExuberantColor blog that inspired me to try a stripe for the setting triangles. The link shows Wanda's quilt that inspired me. I shopped my stash and found a great blue and brown stripe. It required some different cutting methods to have the stripes all go the same direction and I was successful in getting them to (mostly) line up. The stripes make a fabulous frame even though they were not cut or sewn perfectly.



     I love the stripe for the setting triangles and will use another for an on-point quilt. 

     I was gifted someones Christmas fabric stash. There were yards of large prints. Since my church group has been making placemats for our local Meals on Wheels recipients, I chose a couple of prints ( sort of “cheater” fabric) and cut kits. I fussy cut these cute snowmen.


This stripe also makes a cute easy placemat. 


I have 4 kits of 4 each ready with backing and batting for members of my group to sew and quilt.  Plus there are several more large prints that will make great placemats.

I'm linking up with Whoop, Whoop Friday

Hope you are staying safe and healthy while enjoying some sewing or quilting.



 

2 comments:

  1. I love using directional prints in my quilts, but don't always succeed in getting the prints to go in the right direction. LOL! Yours is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt and the stripes add a great dimension. I don't think I use stripes as much as I should. They really add to a design.

    ReplyDelete