Friday, September 18, 2020

More Placemats Finished

       With a large stash of Christmas fabric, my church group and I have been making placemats. This week I finished 6 more to add to the pile. Large prints make it very easy.  So far I expect we have finished 50 which we plan for distributed to some local Meals on Wheels recipients. 


      When I recently saw Sarah's (of Confessions of a Fabric Addict) Plaidish quilt top I was motivated to start one. I already had the free pattern from KitchenTableQuilting.  I had been collecting scraps with black background and bright colors.  This was a perfect quilt to use them. I made fewer blocks for a smaller lap quilt. I have all my blocks made. Hopefully soon I will play with layout and get the top pieced. 



That is about it for this week. I'm linking up with Alycia's Finished (or Not) Friday.

Hope you are staying safe and healthy while enjoying some sewing or quilting.

5 comments:

  1. The Meals on Wheels recipients will be so thrilled with those place-mats!! What a wonderful little hug for them! and your plaidish is coming along Great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....I love your plaid quilt! Going for the pattern now. Thanks for the link to it. This could be a lot of fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute christmas mats and LOVE the plaids !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Plaidish is on my to-do list, I like your choice of darks! Now I’m motivated again to get going!
    Placemats for Meals on Wheels is a great idea! Are you using a particular pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those placemats will certainly bring a smile to the Meal on Wheels recipients. I too got motivated when I saw Sarah's Plaidish top. I found the pattern and it's now on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete