Friday, August 28, 2020

A Little Sewing Progress

      This has been a hot week outside and inside my home. Last week the serviceman added coolant and dye to search for a leak in my 5 year old unit. That only helped for a few days before the unit started to have trouble cooling. It is difficult to get motivated to sew or do much of anything in a very warm house.

     Before the house got so hot, I finished piecing and pressing 80 Jewel Box Star blocks.  I did not want to work on a layout so I switched to my Easy Breezy block project for a charity quilt. I planned an on-point layout with sashing and cornerstone stars.


 With added coolant the house is now cool again for a few days so I pieced the star points on sashing strips, laid out the blocks, and started sewing rows together. I have not chosen a fabric for the setting triangles.

Hope you are staying safe and healthy while enjoying some sewing or quilting.

2 comments:

  1. Love this setting idea! It looks great. Much better than a plain sashing. Ugh....with AC the heat and humidity are stifling. Hope all get solved soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Hope your AC gets fixed properly this time.

    ReplyDelete