Sunday, October 20, 2019

Family Doll Artist


    I have been doing some quilting but today I want to share about my sister, Irene, the doll artist.  She is the one who started me quilting but now days she spends more time making dolls.   

    My very talented sister Irene is a member of the High Country Doll Artists.  For the past few years she has taken a week long workshop with art doll teacher Ankie Daanen. You can find more about her here.
  
The end of September the doll group had a booth at West Jefferson’s “Art on the Mountain” day.  Here are the dolls she had for sale there. 

   

 


     I love her dolls!  They range from magnificent art dolls with parts sculpted from air dry clay which is hand painted  to more simple fabric dolls.  Something that makes all of her dolls special is the time she spends to embellish each and create their unique personality. You can see more of her dolls and those of other members on their Facebook page. 

    In the past I have shared some of her dolls from the group’s exhibit at the Arts Council.  You can find those posts here and here.  

Enjoy some time sewing and quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment