Thursday, October 24, 2019

Finish and Work in Progress


      The past few weeks I have not spent a lot of time quilting.  Since the weather is cooler and we have had a couple of nice days of rain, I took the opportunity to work in my flower beds hoping they will be lovely next spring. 
       I have worked on quilting for my church group.  This one is quilted and just needs binding. 

I am counting it as finished even though I don’t have enough of the brown fabric for binding. I will find something.  
Here is a close-up of the quilting of each block.

I used a pastel variegated thread. I stitched in the ditch to move from one area to the next without breaking thread. It took planning to move to the next area with the shortest distance stitching in the ditch again. After I trimmed the quilt and took a photo, I saw one block that I had skipped the half feather above the fan so had to go back and quilt that.
       
      I quilted the diamonds of this giant rainbow star top and the faint blue marker is my plan for quilting free-form feathers around it. 

You can see the free-form feathers on a similar quilt in this post.
I enjoy quilting them but would like to find a new special quilting motif for large plain areas. Especially since I have 2 more of these giant star quilts to quilt. 

    I spent one day sewing a baby bunting for an expected great nephew.  The fleece is especially soft.   
   
I linked up with Alycia for Finished or Not Friday.  

Have a great day and enjoy some time sewing and quilting.


3 comments:

  1. The fan quilt is so pretty. It looks cozy and comfy like one my grandmother would have made. Feathers are always great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice quilting on your fan quilt! That bunting is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Fan quilt!! THe quilting is great for it!!

    ReplyDelete