Saturday, August 10, 2019

Strips and Curves

    This week I pieced the center for a top of curved units inspired by Louisa Smith’s book Strips 'n Curves
 I created strip units similar to her technique; however, my strips were pulled mostly from scraps of varying widths.  I sprayed with sizing and pressed seams open.  From these I cut as many curve units as I could.
 
I also cut units from solid fabric pieces.  Then I pieced blocks with a strip unit to a solid fabric unit and created blocks with mostly 2 yellow units, yellow and green, 2 greens, green and blue and mostly blue.  I created my own layout from those units. Before I stopped for the day, I stay-stitched 1/8” from the edge all the way around because of all the seams and bias edges.


Next I want to sew some kind of border. I am working on a plan. 

    I pulled 2 orphan paper-pieced blocks and made them into mugrugs one of which has been sent to a friend.  


Hope you take time to enjoy some sewing or quilting.

I'm linking up with Whoop Whoop Friday.  Check out what others are doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment