Friday, June 14, 2019

Week with No Focus

     After the week with granddaughters, I have not been able to focus on a project and the week has flown by.  I did finally find a suitable green fabric for the binding and finished this comfort quilt that began with donated leaf blocks. 


Yesterday I pieced a backing for another comfort quilt and pieced a baby gift I Spy top. 


      Wednesday was sew day for my church quilt group.  I did a little sewing on drunkard path blocks because I want to improve my curve piecing.  

 Much of my time was spent helping beginners sandwich a quilt, layout blocks for a top or troubleshoot a bobbin problem.  
       We will meet Monday for craft sewing and I was asked to lead work with some machine applique.  I searched my patterns and chose a couple, wrote up a tip sheet and started a sample for a demo.  I love this block by Carol Swift of justletmequilt.com
 My idea is to use the large bird on a twig or the flower alone on mug rugs.  You can find the free pattern link here: 

I am thinking of working in the yard a little today.  Hope you enjoy being outdoors or some time sewing or quilting. 
Linked up with Whoop, Whoop Friday.  

  

3 comments:

  1. You may have been lacking focus, bit you have accomplished a lot. Love the I spy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice quilts! And good job, helping beginners. We need to pass along this wonderful craft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! on your newly completed quilt. Love, love, LOVE your scrappy Disappearing 9-Patch quilt, too!!

    ReplyDelete