Thursday, June 20, 2019

Stash Report and a Finish


     Like many quilters I have a large stash of fabric, mostly quilting cotton.  For the past year and a half, I resolved to shop my stash and only buy fabric I needed and could not find something to use from my stash.  I have done well UNTIL Friday.  I had 2 things I needed from Walmart and happened to walk by the fabric department.  One lady was waiting to have fabric cut and another was searching through a bin of clearance fabric.  I have a difficult time turning down inexpensive good fabric so I decided to take a look.  It was too good to turn down.  There were many bolts of good quilting cotton for $1 a yard and some I really could use.  I pulled a few and started chatting with the other lady.  While we waited for the measuring, the fabric department head walked by and pointed out a shelf with more quilting cotton for $1 a yard.  I ended up with 50 2/3 yds.  Much will be quilt backs for church comfort quilts. This pile is waiting for the wash.  

Saturday I went back and found another 26 2/3 yds.  I found a great kids’ print to make quilts for the local children’s hospital.  I found a nice red, cream and blue strip that I can use for a quilt of valor. 

I have been busy washing, and now it has all been folded neatly.  Several pieces have already been put with projects for which they will be used. I hope I don’t run across another terrific sale on fabric anytime soon. 

    I finished the I Spy uneven four patch quilt for a baby gift.  I used a polyester batting with loft and quilted with a large meander so it is very cuddly.
  
The back is a bright dot flannel, and I thought this was a good time to use scraps of binding.

Hope you enjoy some time sewing or quilting.  

1 comment:

  1. What a haul! Love those prints you picked for backings...just ideal for most any project.

    ReplyDelete