Friday, October 5, 2018

Update on Sewing Projects


    I recently enjoyed a few days with granddaughters. GD Mattie and I made her a Gryffindor robe for Halloween. I did the cutting, pinning and ironing.  She did most of the sewing.  I attached the hood (which was improvised from basic directions found on YouTube).  The last post shared where we found simple directions for the robe instead of a purchased pattern. We love how it turned out.
 


    I am learning how to use my new-to-me Bernina 730. I burned up my Bernina 185.  The repairman said they usually see the problems when it has been hit by lightning.  I was sewing at the time it failed so I am pretty sure it was not hit by lightning; however, I bought a new surge protector, but I also marked the date for service to the new machine on next year’s calendar.

Enjoy some sewing or quilting time. 


2 comments:

  1. Love the robe. Soooo much better than store bought and you have made a great memory for your GD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great costume! So cute.....and she sewed it too!

    ReplyDelete