Friday, January 6, 2017

Scraps in 2017

    My quilting plan for 2017 has been formed. I have prioritized 7 UFOs for the new year ( 3 only need quilting) and 1 new project that has been in the planning for a couple of years.  The 1st is to finish quilting my Blue, Yellow, Green sampler.  The ditch quilting is done but each block wants a custom design and I am working contemplating what to do. 
   
When I needed a break, I turned to blog reading for inspiration which led me to Cynthia’s blog and her Rainbow Scrap Challenge. 
I love scraps and wanted to play some so this was great timing.  January’s color is purple.  I already had some purple made-fabric and pieced another purple heart block.
If you love scraps, you might think about joining in. I hope to end the year with at least a couple of rainbow scrap quilts.

Somehow I found my way to this 16-patch star quilt by ScrapboxQuilts 



It reminded me of the wonky, maverick stars I have made in the past and decided to use my stash of 4 1/2” squares to make one.  I wanted all the 15 purple squares to be different so I had to dig and even cut a few more.  

Enjoy time sewing or quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment