Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Narrow Rails Top

      Inspired by the work of Wanda at Exuberant Color blog, I started cutting strips for leader/ender sewing.  The block kits made  a good leader/sewing project. After I had pieced a collection of blocks, I planned for quilt size and cut more block strip sets.  Wanda gives directions for her quilt blocks, but I did not find a block name.  I added an outer border and named my quilt top “Narrow Rails”. 
This one is now sandwiched and ready to quilt. 
      I spent hours piecing batting scraps ( happily cleared out lots)

and piecing backings so I have 4 small quilts sandwiched 

so whenever I am in the mood to quilt, I have one waiting.
Next up I plan to sandwich the Blue/Green Made-fabric  UFO quilt top which is full bed size.

    My church quilting group wants to make duffle bags again.  We did several years ago.  I plan to quilt my own fabric to make one so 2 yards top and backing will also be sandwiched for quilting and I better get busy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment