Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Debbie Clarke Visited Guild

    We enjoyed having Debbie Clarke from Stitchin Therapy and her husband at GCQ guild to present a trunk show of her watercolor quilts and an afternoon workshop.  I am sorry that I neglected to get a good photo of her to share; however, I did get a nice photo of some of her samples for the workshop.  Her quilts and tips have inspired me to try more watercolor quilts after I do more shopping for dark fabrics to use in borders. 


     In the afternoon workshop she was very helpful as she gave each participant individual attention on fabric value and help tweaking layout.  Here she helped Martha use the red viewer to discover true value.
and Lynne checks her value sorting.
Here is Lynne's piece as she made progress.

If you have not tried watercolor quilts or a colorwash quilt, I encourage you to give them a try.
On her blog Debbie shares tips and tutorials that will inspire you. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! you are really fast on the photos....I will snatch a couple of them and post this afternoon. So glad you got my good--back of the head---side :) Lynne's project looks so good in the photo.
    Can't tell you how much I enjoyed meeting everyone. You also gave me an idea to do a post on just blending the squares.....I will work that up and get it posted next week.

    ReplyDelete