Friday, February 21, 2014

Maverick Stars and More

    I’m have not been in the mood to sandwich and quilt one of the many tops waiting.   Instead I have gotten a lot done on the piecing of multiple quilt projects.  Tuesday from guild meeting I brought home an adult kit of 5 ½” squares. I wanted to add more interest and creativity to the squares so I used the lightest squares to create Bonnie Hunter’s Maverick Stars.  This photo shows half of the top complete. 



    My leader/ender project has been Crossroads blocks for a comfort quilt.  Twelve blocks are complete.   I am considering whether to add more or a simple border of the fabric in the top right of the photo.  You can find out more about this block here



Yet another quilt top is ready to be quilted because I added the sashing to my daughter-in-laws t-shirts.  



The weather was so beautiful and spring-like a couple of afternoons that I have also thought about taking time to work in the yard OR making a new spring dress.  
        
                   Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment