Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Appliqued Double Wedding Rings

    Some time ago I adopted a bag of old pieces labeled for a Double Wedding Ring quilt. 
The cardboard templates for some of the pieces were included and a few arcs were sewn together; however, there was no center melon or center.

    I decided to use the already made pieces and sew a few more to be enough for a comfort quilt. I created a freezer paper template and then a no-melt mylar template.  I brushed liquid starch along the edge first and then turned the edges over the template and pressed.

 After laying out the design, I used a blanket stitch to applique the pieces to a background fabric. The arcs don’t form a nice circle but an interesting shape.

    Monday I spent the morning on yard work and made a dent on trimming back hedge.  
In the afternoon I finished the blanket stitching on arcs. I am considering whether I can use some of the pieces for a border. Many more precut pieces remain in the bag I adopted.  

Enjoy some sewing or quilting time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment