Monday, January 2, 2017

First Finish of 2017

   This small quilt is my first finish for 2017.  All it needed was machine quilting and adding the binding which I hand sewed.  It is the class sample for the JoAnn Fabric beginner class this Saturday.  Because it is for beginners, I did mostly walking foot quilting.  I did do a simple point-to-point FM motif in each block.


   As I looked back at my sewing for 2016, I estimated the thread I used by the spools of thread I emptied.  I first did this in 2014 with 18,700 yds but I must not have counted at the end of 2015 because today I counted 91 empty spools of various sizes for 38,035 yds which is more than twice that of 2014. 

Is it unfair that I also counted these 2 spools because they do not have enough thread to fill a bobbin?
 

  
    My goals for 2017 include finishing more UFOs and using fabric in a variety of projects to reduce my stash. I will be pleased if I can accomplish these.


Have a productive New Year and enjoy time sewing and quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment