Wednesday was Sew Day for my church comfort quilt group. We spent most of the time cutting up scraps into usable sizes including 2 ½” strips that we plan to use to try out the Jelly Roll 1600 Quilt. Missouri Quilt Company has a video how-to on Youtube. Greater Columbia Quilters are also planning to do this as an After-After at the March general meeting. The directions call for 40 WOF 2 ½” strips. I have a set all sewn together ready for the event.
Martha spent the morning sewing borders on her Lone Star quilt ( using the “Radiant Star” pattern by Eleanor Burns). This is only Martha’s second quilt. Notice the unusual design. When Martha cut her strip sets into units, she accidentally cut them at the wrong angle. It was a lucky accident because her quilt top is lovely and unique.
Today I finished the t-shirt quilt for my daughter-in-law.
I did not quilt it heavily. I used the walking foot to stitch-in-the-ditch for the sashing. Then I free-motion quilted around the designs trying only to stabilize and accent the designs. This is how it looks on part of the back.