Friday, July 24, 2026

A Special Finish

      My older GD will be starting the University of Georgia in a couple of weeks and I have been making her a quilt for her dorm bed. She shared pictures she found online of GA quilts that she liked. Thursday I finished her quilt; its labeled, bound and stored in a coordinating pillowcase waiting for delivery to her before she moves into the dorm.


     Then I took some time to play, made more continuous bias and practiced sewing it to petal shapes. Here is what I have now. I know I need to make a variety of bias tape.


No telling where this will go but I am enjoying the challenge. So much so that I signed up for Sherri Lynn Wood's online workshop

Freestyle Curve Engineering. She is offering 3 different improv curve workshops this fall. Check the link for more information if you're interested. 

Stash Report for 2026

this past week - Used: 5.625 yds Added: 2.375 yds
So far this year - Used: 73.01 yds Added: 10.375 yds
Net decrease 62.635 yds


I'm linking up with Alycia's Finished or Not Friday. Check out all the creative projects.

Have a great weekend and week and enjoy sewing, quilting and creating.

2 comments:

  1. What a great finish for your granddaughter to take to college! I am loving your curves with the continuous bias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt for your GD - she is going to LOVE it!! your improv pieces look great - hope you enjoy the class!

    ReplyDelete