Monday, July 17, 2023

Back to Quilting Goals

    I had a very busy 2 weeks with very little sewing or quilting. Right after July 4th holiday I spent several days with family. GD Lily celebrated her birthday.  

Before it got too hot I enjoyed a couple of hours working with her in her flower beds deadheading.

   This past week I helped out at VBS (Art and Bible Camp) at church. It was fun, wild and exhausting but I'm so glad I participated.



Stash Report for 2023
this past week- Used: 3.5 yds Added: 0 yds
So far this year- Used: 64.71 yds Added: 40 yds
Net decrease 24.71 yds

     I am in the middle of 2 big quilting projects; however, I paused quilting on them to work on a couple of time sensitive projects. My church quilt group is making a quilt as a wedding gift for a member of church staff. We are making blue and white split nine patches. Here are a few of the blocks.

     When I saw this post about a counselor's request for small quilts for children from Ukraine, I thought my church quilt group could help with that also. We had a few smaller tops waiting for quilting. I added a row to one and a border to another so they were the right size. I pulled fabric and pieced backings so 3 are ready to be sandwiched for quilting.

Goals for this week:

1. Finish piecing my share of the split nine patch blocks
2. Sandwich and start quilting one of the quilts for children.


Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

1 comment:

  1. One of my first quilts was made from those split nine patch blocks. I used that quilt for many years. Thanks for the reminder. I look forward to seeing how yours turns out.

    ReplyDelete