Friday, February 28, 2020

Whoop Whoop for a Great Week


     I have enjoyed several special days this week. Early in the week I continued the quilting on my blue and white Day Bee Mystery quilt by starting the free-motion.  I have lots more to do; however, I feel good about the progress.  It is a UFO from 2012 that has been waiting for quilting.
     The best was Wednesday. It was quilt day with my church group and it was my birthday. I was surprised with homemade chicken soup, a delicious pound cake and serenaded with Happy Birthday as Mary Ann played her accordion. We also accomplished a lot- sandwiched 3 quilts and helped each other play with block layout for 2 quilts on the design wall. Here are my sunflower blocks in a modern setting.  Others said I they understood what I was going for with my story.  I was thinking of a patch of sunflowers growing from ground toward the light.

MaryAnn finished this jellyroll quilt.  

Martha found this fun fabric for her quilt backing.  Can you read the message?


       Thursday was a special day as Jan and I learned and relearned how to do machine embroidery.  I had a Bernina 185 embroidery machine and used it until I burned it out about a year ago. I then bought a used Bernina 730 which I have used for sewing. Today was the first time I have used it for embroidery. Friend Jan who has the same machine came over for us to learn together and we did. There are new icons and buttons to learn how to use. I embroidered a simple design on a napkin

and Jan embroidered a couple of small designs on a crazy pieced block.

We had to resize, rotate, move the design in the hoop and back up the stitching of the design when thread broke. We both learned a lot and it was great to work together. We plan to get together again for another lesson.

Help with A Craft Puzzle
     Many quilting and crafting people may identify with the following story. A lady died and left pieces of unfinished craft projects without full directions. Some were brought to my house and I would like to find a craft project in which to use them. I hope someone has seen a similar craft project because I have no idea what they can be used for and hate to just throw them away.
She cut sets of 2 sizes of trapezoids out of lace using templates. There is more lace that matches.
Any ideas?


Have a great week and enjoy some time sewing and quilting.
Linking up with Whoop Whoop Friday.


3 comments:

  1. Love your sunflowers! It looks good. Happy Birthday week and hope all is good. The embroidery designs are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. February is a great month for birthdays (mine, too). No clue about the lace. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday. I like the way you have used your sunflower fabric a lot; it definitely has the feel of a garden flower patch.

    ReplyDelete