Saturday, November 17, 2018

Comfort Quilt Finish and Gifts


     For Thanksgiving this year I will be gathering with my siblings and some nieces and nephews.  It will be a good time to take Christmas gifts instead of putting them in the mail. So I have spent time recently to finish a few more.   Years ago I bought batik fabrics on sale to make each sibling a duffel bag.  At that time I only made one.  Last year I made one more.  This time I made 2 more. I had enough quilted fabric left to  make matching shoe bags.

I recently found several bag classes on Craftsy and Bluprint by Annie Unrein that I want to make.  They may end up being gifts another year. 

     I finished up this scrappy split 9 patch quilt for my church quilt group.  It might benefit from a little blocking.  
We have started making squares for a bed size quilt to donate to someone affected by the hurricane that hit Wilmington, NC.
You can get the free pattern and participate by checking out FromMyCarolinaHome.com and her hurricane relief project.  

    My women’s circle was discussing what to do for our college students.  I volunteered to make each a mug rug (aka snack mat) to be put with cards to let them know we are thinking of them. Here are the ones I’ve finished. 



     I also took a little time for some applique on kitchen towels for Thanksgiving. 
 

Wishing you a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.
Maybe you can find time to enjoy a little sewing and quilting time before the big day or after a big dinner. 

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict Whoop Whoop Friday. 




2 comments:

  1. You have been so busy! Those show bags are great looking and love the mug rug idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you made shoe bags to go with the travel bags! Neat mug rugs for the college kids!

    ReplyDelete