Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Some UFO Progress


      At the beginning of the year I made a list of 12 projects (mostly UFOs) I hoped to complete during the year in no particular order.  So far I have only completed 4. 

1.     Score 1 from The Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters - from 2015
2.     Four Patch Swirl ( stack ‘n whack blocks) - from 2007
3.     Gypsy Wife type quilt from orphan blocks – from 2015
4.     Rainbow Wonky Star quilt - from 2017
5.     Rainbow star and brick quilt - from 2017
6.     Scrappy anvil quilt with alternate quarter square blocks - from about 2014
7.     Scrappy anvils with string centers inspired by Bonnie Hunter’s Wild Child quilt - from 2014
8.     Scrap Dance Waltz seen on From My Carolina Home blog  - from 2017
9.     Cat child’s quilt - from 2013
10.  Graduation gift using nickel squares –due in May
11.  Finish quilting red, white and blue LeMoyne star improv – from 2012
12.  Quilt Day Bee Mystery quilt from 2012

 I pulled the scrappy anvil quilt top (#6 on list) and got it sandwiched.  I stitched-in-the-ditch between blocks so it should be stabilized for free-motion quilting. 
I am still thinking how I want to do the rest of the quilting, but at least I’m making progress.

     I have such a hard time not starting a new project until I finish a UFO.  I have 2 comfort quilts finished and ready to turn in at church quilt group tomorrow.  For a break from quilting I took time yesterday afternoon to cut 42 -10” squares (layer cake) for a quilt kit for Double Slice Layer Cake. You can watch Jenny’s tutorial on YouTube at Missouri Star Quilt Company.  I used the top fabric as a guide for pulling coordinates from my stash.  


      I finished another baby quilt that will be gifted soon.  The baby boy was born a couple of weeks early. I chose the main fabric because it has fire trucks and the father is a fireman.



Stay cool and enjoy time sewing or quilting.



No comments:

Post a Comment