Friday, September 9, 2016

Mug Rugs

    I wanted a quick gift so pulled fall strips and pieced the mug rug background.  Then I used fusible applique for a couple of leaves and acorns.  It is quilted, bound and ready to give.

 I also paper pieced these mug rug tops using an Eileen Sullivan pattern.  The bottom leafy print will be backing.


    Two large quilts are sandwiched and ready to quilt; however, my machines have had issues so they have had to wait. I prefer to use my Bernina 185 and the super quilter’s table it sits in but it needed service. It got a good cleaning and service Wednesday and is ready to get back to work on projects.  I hope to start some quilting on one of the big projects today.  I also spent a few hours cutting leader/ender kits of  Bonnie's "Carolina Chain" blocks and a couple other scrappy blocks. 
               
     For the past year I have not had as much quilting to post on this blog.   For the future I hope to spend more time with granddaughters.  The oldest is learning to sew and she is working on piecing quilt blocks but that still means I spend less time sewing and quilting.  I am considering whether to keep up the blog or use other avenues to share what I’m making. I’ll let you know what I decide.


Enjoy some time sewing and quilting.   

1 comment: