Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Two More Comfort Quilt Finishes

    I have finished another 2 comfort quilts.  The first is a child’s jungle panel.
I am always trying to improve my stitch regulation for free-motion quilting and used the panel to practice outlining and a variety of motifs. I did not want to quilt very heavily but I love the lion.

I thought this motif was good for the border, similar to the panel leaves. 



    After Debbie Clarke of Stitchin’ Therapy gave a presentation at guild and taught a workshop, several members of my church group wanted to try some watercolor blocks. We used a collection of donated watercolor 2” squares and fusible grid interfacing. 
I sashed the blocks with white and sewed a strip set of fabrics to cut the border.


I quilted with cream thread so it does not show much.  In the border I quilted free-motion feathers. 
Enjoy a few minutes of sewing or quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment